Read this article to get tips for Decor of problem rooms such as decorating very big room, decoration of a long room or Decor if tall or narrow room.
Quick Tips and Easy Decorating Solutions for Home Décor
Room Decor is not as easy as it seems at the
first sight. You may fancy that glamorous room in the home Decor
magazine but you may find it almost impossible to translate into a
reality because of the simple reason that the construction of your home
and measurement of your rooms is entirely different. You may be renting
an apartment where you cannot redo the positioning of walls, doors and
windows or have a large large hall you do not seem to put to best use.
Color, lines and furniture arrangement can make a huge difference to
your room Decor. We have identified the five most common problems
that people often face while doing room Decor and have come up
with the possible solutions. These are:
1. Very Long Room
- The best way to deal with a very long room is to split it into
two using screens and room dividers that you may use as study area,
living area, dining room, personal gym or just entertainment room.
- Use warm dark colors on shorter walls to make them advance and
give the room a balanced look.
- You may also define separate areas by using different area rugs.
2. Low Ceiling
- Long curtains that can be draped from above the door level and
window level all the way to the floor, add height to the room.
- Paint ceiling in light cool color to make it recede and add light
to the room.
- Tall accessories such as lamps look good and make room look
- You can add height to a room by installing vertical and tall
cabinets or bookcases in the room.
3. Narrow Room
- Any linear arrangement on shorter walls such as placement of
shelves, art pieces or rugs, will make them look wider.
- Diagonal arrangement of furniture looks better.
- You can also fool the eye by painting your longer walls in cool
light colors to make them recede.
4. Tall Room
- Horizontally placed shelves, crown mouldings and art pieces cut
off the height of the room.
- In such rooms, ceilings should have a warm dark color.
- You can also play the visual trick of installing the mouldings or
chair rails to one half to three quarters of the way up the walls.
5. Very Big Room
- Experiment with warm and dark colors on your wall to make the
room look cozier and friendlier.
- Group furniture pieces into two or more separate seating
- Like long rooms, big rooms can also be divided into smaller areas
using screens and room dividers and can be used for better purposes
and will make the room look cozier too.