Here are some hot tips and ideas for chic dorm room Decor and converting your dorm space into cool, stylish and funky dorm room with out trendy decoration ideas that are within our budgets.
Chic Dorm Room Decor Tips & Ideas
Well, if you thought that dorm rooms can only be
boring and uninteresting, with no room for style, you are definitely in
for a surprise. There are a number of ways you can style your dorm room
to make it look funky, stylish as well as fashionable. Why do you think
some dorm rooms stand out among others, as a popular hangout for all
students and where everyone loves to spend time in? Not because they are
bigger, but they are stylized and comfortable. Right from a nice funky
and spooky bed sheet to a comfortable sitting zone, a well-lit study
space and a nicely stylized table, you can add style to your boring
room. In the following lines, we have provided some tips, tricks and
ideas to transform your dorm room into an ideal retreat.
Chic Dorm Room Decor Tips
- To style your dorm room in a chic style, you need to plan well
beforehand. This will serve as the most ideal way to decorate the
- Remember, your dorm Decor showcases your personality and
thus, it should be functional, stylish and yet have some character
of its own.
- The typical characteristic of most dorm rooms are extra-long twin
beds. Such beds would thence require special sheets and bedding to
give a neat look.
- It is very important to invest in a comfortable mattress, so that
you can sleep well. Also, a firm mattress gives a smart, stylish yet
tidy look to the room.
- The best way to deal with the comfort factor would be to
introduce fluffy and soft throw pillows. These add instant style to
your bed, making you bed to be used as sofa for a get together with
- The study area is crucial when it comes to designing a dorm room
chic style. Choose a corner of the room as the study place. You can
go for the usual chair-desk option. However, since you want to style
your room in a chic style, the best bet would be to get a beanbag on
- Brighten the study area using halogen lighting with the help of
desk or floor lamp.
- You may use stacked milk crates, instead of shelves to store
textbooks and table to keep your dinner plates, as a much cheaper
option that occupies little space.
- Funky high-tech music and light gadgets can lend an instant party
touch to your dorm room. Choose something you can afford and is a
source of constant fun.
- High-tech furniture is also available such as ottomans that can
double up as massagers that look quite stylish and have a soft.
- If you are investing in furniture and furnishings, invest in
pieces that are versatile and can serve for multi-purpose duties.
They must not occupy much space, which is often a problem in a dorm