Here are some functional college dorm room tips, tricks for cool dorm room Decor and easy, stylish and organized dorm room living.
College Dorm Decor Ideas
As a layman, you would never understand the
importance of a dorm room. However, if you have stayed in one, you would
realize the importance it carries. Dorm room means the world for the
person living in it. A home away from home, it is much more than just
four walls. Decorating dormitory rooms is one of the most picked
activities that college-goers involve themselves in. After all, who
would want to stay in a room with dismal lighting and almost no life?
Are you looking for ideas to make your dorm room comfortable, spunky as
well as funky? If yes, then do not worry, as decorating can now be all
the more fun, without thinking of the finances. In the following lines,
we have listed inexpensive, functional, but stylish and trendy dorm room
Ideas For College Dorm Decor
- One of the best ways to decorate a dorm room would be to use
postcards. Cheap, colorful and fun, you can collect postcards from
the places you have visited. A collection of many postcards can be
turned into a colorful collage or even a postcard mobile.
- For the color and comfort quotient, the best bet would be to add
multicolored pillows on the bed. Not only does it make the bed look
cozy and inviting, it gives a glamorous effect to the room, as a
- Generally, dorm windows provide no view. So, why not spice it up
with colorful charts or some multicolored decoration.
- To add a personal touch to the room, the best bet would be buy
bright colorful curtains for the room. Nowadays, there are a variety
of curtains available in varied price range.
- If you are a nature lover, you would realize that plants brighten
up the room immediately. Get small indoor plants, but those that
require little or no maintenance.
- Dorm rooms mostly have dull light. Get lamp shades to add drama
and character to the room.
- To create a homely atmosphere, the ideal choice would be to put
up some portraits of your family and old friends on walls and on
your desk. This would give you the feeling of being near to them.
- In case you are away from your home country, portraying your
culture and ethnicity would be a good way to lessen the distance as
well as to spice up the dorm Decor. You can use some features
of your tradition and culture to style the dorm room, for that
special and unique touch.
- Leather ottomans with storage space underneath are good options.
They are multi-purpose objects. Apart from serving as great coffee
tables, the box inside can also be used to dump your magazines and
old CDs in them. However, the best feature is that Leather ottomans
occupy less space and look extremely elegant and classy.
- Your table must be full of books, isn't it? However, you can
decorate them as well. Just get colorful wrapping papers and wrap up
each of the books. An extremely easy way to spice up the table.
- Store items in a particular place, so that they are easy to find.
Buy some cheap baskets, milk crates and drawer systems to keep your
books, wallet, car keys and other things.
- Keep your area well organized, clean and tidy and minimalist.
Avoid clutter. Even if you decorate the room well, litter and
disorder can ruin all your efforts.