Hanging picture on walls needs planning and good execution skills. We present this guide that will tip you off on how to hang pictures and yet avoid making holes in walls.
Tips for Hanging Pictures on Wall
Do you want to fill the empty walls of your home? If
yes, then hanging beautiful pieces of artwork will be a nice idea. Not
only are they decorative elements, used for beautifying the empty walls,
but also an indication about your taste and preferences regarding art.
You can communicate a lot of meaning, through the pictures hanging on
the walls of your room. Apart from hanging fine pieces of artwork, you
can also hang pictures, say, photographs of your family or your loved
one, on your walls. If you are looking for some tips on hanging pictures
on wall, this article will be handy. Go through the following lines and
know how to hang picture on wall. We have given some tips as well, which
will help you create the desired effect for your walls.
Hanging Picture On Wall
- To start with, map out the way you would arrange the
artwork/pictures on the wall. Make a rough sketch on a piece of
paper. Deciding beforehand will make it easier for you to accomplish
- If you are living in a rented apartment, you should consider
using small sturdy nails and studs for placing the nails on the
wall. That way, you will ensure that the wall is not damaged due to
- Instead of hammering nails onto the walls, you may also use
adhesive tape hangers. You can get them at a local hardware store.
Make sure that the adhesive is strong enough to hold the hanger.
- Make sure that the wire or string, from which you are going to
hang your picture on the wall, should be sturdy enough to bear the
weight of the frame.
- Positioning of the picture is a decisive factor, when it comes to
making it attractive. Make sure that the focal point of the picture
is positioned at your eye level. This rule works quite well, because
it makes the picture even more appealing.
- To check whether you will get the effect that you are looking
for, make a cardboard cutout, the same size as your picture. Place
the cutout, in the same position of your artwork, on the wall. Now,
stand back and then see if you get the desired effect.
- Collage type frame are very versatile. They are perfect for
hanging several pictures in one single frame. You may display your
photos or cut-outs of your favorite star in a collage type frame,
which is inexpensive as well.
- Be sure not to overcrowd the empty walls with artwork. Instead,
select only the pieces of artwork that are perfectly suitable for
your existing home Decor.
- Make sure that the picture you are going to hang is quite visible
to others. Remember, the beauty of the picture shouldn't be left
- Balance should be created between the pictures. The pictures
should be synchronized. If not, at least they should come in a
- Make sure that you leave equal space between the pictures.
- Lighting plays an important part in creating the effect you are
looking for. An artwork commands more attention, when lighting is
directed to it. The artwork should be illuminated in such a way that
glare is not produced by the lighting.
- Be careful not to hang all the pictures in one room. Leaving the
other walls empty will create an imbalance.