While selecting the pillow for your bedroom you have to keep so many things in mind.
Tips on Choosing Bedroom Pillows
For many, bedroom is a safe haven in the private
sanctuary called 'home'. Nearly one-third of the life is spent on
sleeping, which makes the room even more important. Not a focal point of
a home Decor though, bedroom is given special consideration, when
the design of the house is formulated. Starting from the colors,
lighting, furniture to the bedding, every thing related to the bedroom
is chosen carefully, because at the end of the day, you would trudge
into your bedroom to relax yourself.
Talking about comforters, gone are the days, when pillows were used
merely as a rectangular headrest. Today, they form an integral part of
bedroom decoration. In fact, very few people can sleep without a pillow.
They are not only meant for comforting you, but also as a great
decorative item, that can enhance the look of your bedroom. They can
help you make a style statement for your bedroom. Check out information
on how to choose decorative pillows for your bedroom.
Decorative Pillows For Bedroom
- Although there is no strict rule, as to how many pillows you can
use for your bedroom, it is better to stick to two set of sleeping
pillows, complemented by a smaller set of decorative pillows. You
may also use a third set of pillows (throw pillow) which will be the
- Different kinds of pillows have stacked in the markets. Pillows
for the body, to support the head, for the floor, to throw, to lie
on are available in the market.
- While choosing the pillow, make sure that it provides you enough
cushioning. This is because sleeping with a wrong pillow can trigger
headache, backache or neck ache. You may also choose pillow that is
something between flat and fluffy, in terms of cushioning.
- To create a sense of elegance of the Old World, you may use
pillows made by using wool. Check out the pillows with sequin work
on them - they are also nice options to consider for vintage style
of home Decor.
- Embroidered pillow cases are selling like real hot cakes in the
market. The are very versatile, suitable for any theme of your
- In terms of fabric, the choice for pillow case is wide. You may
opt for satin, silk, velvet, cotton and polyester pillows.
- Pillows for your head shall be covered with pillowcases made with
lightweight fabric, like cotton. You may opt for those embroidered
along the edge.
- Plain solid color will be the best option for the pillowcase, if
your bedroom's walls are colored with light shades.
- Depending upon your personal taste, preference and the color
scheme of your bedroom, you may choose pillows with floral prints
and the prints of animals, fruits or veggies on them.
- While selecting pillows for your bedroom make sure that, they
compliment the rest of the room. With a delicate and fancy exterior,
you can bring about an elegant look to your bedroom.
- Dress up the bed with throw pillows. Be sure not to create
clutter in the bed by overusing the pillows.