Check out some tips on choosing ceiling paint
color/colour for bedroom.
Tips for Choosing Right Bedroom Ceiling Color
It is a little known fact that ceiling can
dramatically change the Decor of any room. That is why people
often end up painting the ceilings of their room as plain white. Talking
about the bedroom, ceiling plays a predominant role in setting the
atmosphere for the room. Therefore, it is important to pay special
attention to the color of the ceiling of your bedroom. Beautifying the
ceiling of the bedroom and making it prominent not only cherishes the
mood, but also creates a lasting impression on the space. Choosing the
perfect color for your ceiling might prove to be a confusing task.
However, with the tips given in the article, you will find the best
color for your bedroom's ceiling.
Choosing Bedroom Ceiling Paint
- You may set your bedroom apart from others, by choosing color
contrasts for the ceiling and the walls. The combination of light
pink ceiling and mauve wall color is in hot trend.
- If you want to give a tranquil look to your bedroom, then choose
a subtle tint of the wall color for the ceiling. The amalgamation of
the colors gives the room an entirely different look.
- If you want to open up space in your bedroom, then pick a shade
lighter than the color of the wall, for your ceiling. This is
especially applicable, when the ceiling is too short.
- If the ceiling of the room is too higher than you actually need,
you may try to reduce its height virtually. One shade darker than
the color of your wall, for the ceiling, can do the wonder. Apart
from virtually decreasing the height of the ceiling up to the
desired level, the color of the ceiling will make the room appear
warmer and more intimate.
- You may choose a monochromatic color scheme for the ceiling. In
order to create a harmony between the walls and the ceiling, choose
a color (for the ceiling), which is two or three tones lighter than
the color of your bedroom walls.
- Beiges, browns and tans are also bright option for bedroom
ceiling. They are best bet for creating a cozy feeling in your
- While picking the colors, be sure not to be too loud. Always
check whether the color of the ceiling and the walls are in accord
- Apart from opting for a single solid color for your bedroom
ceiling, you can use the space for visual expression. Depending upon
the Decor of the room, you may choose different patterns for
your ceiling. You may paint different shapes on the ceiling as well,
to add depth to the space.
- You may also highlight the ceiling by using different kinds of
lighting fixtures, like a crystal chandelier. It will give a
finishing touch to your ceiling.
- Always remember to choose a soothing color for your bedroom's
ceiling. After all, the room is a place to relax. Bright and loud
colors such as orange and red can be too distractive.