There are many advantages of using bamboo flooring in bedroom.
Benefits of Bamboo Flooring in Bedroom
Bamboo is one of the fastest growing plants of the
world. It produces a yield that is about 25 percent more than any other
species of wood. Bamboo is now being used as a flooring material as
well, as a part of the hardwood family. In fact, it is one of the
upcoming materials in today's floor market. Hardness, classy look,
strength, durability and ecofriendliness are some of the features that
can be associated with bamboo. With many advantages over traditional
hardwood flooring, bamboo floor is certainly gathering more popularity
as the time passes. In this article, we will tell you about the benefits
of bamboo flooring
Benefits Of Bamboo Flooring
- In terms of strength, bamboo is as strong as the red oak, which
is the most commonly used flooring material. Though on the surface,
bamboo might seem fragile and weak, in reality, it is very strong
- Bamboo is considered to be one of the best flooring materials in
the market today. It works well in almost all environmental
conditions, mainly because it expands and contracts at a much lower
rate as compared to other types of hardwoods.
- It gives a very finished appearance to the floor and makes it
look unique and distinctive. The eye-catching pattern of slightly
darker bands, produced by its nodes, clearly sets it apart from
- Amongst the other aesthetic features of bamboo, you can include
the tightness of its grain and the uniformity of its color.
- It is extremely resilient in nature and can bear a much greater
impact than most of the other hardwoods, without denting.
- The dimensional stability and moisture resistance of bamboo are
some of its other outstanding properties.
- Bamboo flooring comes across as a laminated product, with the
likeliness of gapping, cupping, or warping being greatly reduced.
- It is suitable for use in areas prone to water spills, like
bathrooms and kitchens, where hardwood flooring is usually not
- Bamboo flooring is much less expensive and affordable than most
of the other hardwood floors.
- The installation process of bamboo floors is also very easier and
simple. The floor only has to be nailed down, stapled down, glued
down or floated for installation purposes.
- Bamboo, no doubt, is a very hard material. However, when we talk
about falls on this type of flooring, it comes across as quite kind
to the human body.
- Another advantage of bamboo flooring is the simplicity of its
cleaning method. All it really needs is a sweep to remove dust and
other walk-in particles and a mop once a week or so.
- Bamboo is one of the most adaptable flooring options available
today and can be laid over a wide variety of surfaces.