Know about the benefits of linoleum flooring in bedroom and also the caring tips.
Linoleum Flooring in Bedroom: Benefits and Caring Tips
The term linoleum has been derived from the Latin
words linum, meaning linseed, and oleum, meaning oil. Linoleum flooring
can be described as a type of flooring that makes use of solidified
linseed oil (linoxyn) as the base, along with wood flour, tree resins,
cork dust, a touch of ground limestone and pigments (for adding color).
Amongst the highest quality of linoleum floors is 'inlaid', as it is
known, which is made by joining and inlaying solid pieces of linoleum
and, as a result, is very durable. This and other high-end varieties of
linoleum are perfect for usage even in those buildings where more rigid
materials, such as ceramic tile, are likely to crack.
Linoleum Flooring Benefits
Linoleum, natural flooring material, is gaining increasing popularity
with the passing time. The reasons for the same have been mentioned
- Linoleum flooring has been known to provide an excellent support
to the feet.
- The flooring is available in beautiful designs and colors,
providing lots of options to home owners.
- One of the most notable benefits of linoleum is its durability.
It can stay in a fairly good condition, even under tough situations.
- Linoleum flooring is much more environment-friendly, as compared
to other types of flooring, as it is natural and bio-degradable.
- Unlike most of the other types of flooring, such as vinyl,
linoleum doesn't get scratched easily.
- In case your linoleum floor yellows from lack of light, it will
regain the original color, once exposed to light again.
Caring For Linoleum Floors
- The best way to clean linoleum flooring is to make use of damp
mops. Apart from helping the polish or wax on the floor last longer,
this method will also prevent any damage from abrasive chemicals.
- In case your linoleum flooring gets black marks or scuff marks
from shoes, make use of a pencil eraser for removing the same. If
this doesn't prove adequate, you can put a few drops of baby oil on
the marks, let it sit for some time and then wipe off with a soft
- If, and when, you manage to spill something on your linoleum
floor, make sure to clean it as quickly as possible.
- Whenever you use rug on a linoleum floor, make sure that either
it does not have a backing or has a completely natural backing.
Backings of rubber and latex can lead to staining of linoleum
- Before placing furniture on your linoleum flooring, make sure to
place colorfast, felt circles under chairs and table legs. This will
make sure that there are no avoidable stains, marks, and scratches
on the floor.
- For this type of flooring, rather than using two-in-one cleaning
and waxing products, go for a separate wax and a separate cleaner.
- In case you have decided to place live plants on your linoleum
flooring, make sure to place plastic protectors underneath them.
This will prevent any damage from water. Also, change the location
of the plants regularly, to avoid yellowing of the floor, from lack
of light exposure.
- You can easily remove permanent stains from the flooring by
buffing it out with a nylon brush. Follow this with a coat of
protective polish, to make the floor shine once again.