Know about various benefits of marble flooring in bedroom along with caring tips.
Marble Flooring in Bedroom: Benefits and Caring Tips
One of the most popular flooring in the present times, marble flooring has been in use since ages. Earlier, this type of flooring was considered to be a style that was meant basically for the rich class. It was due to the fact that, initially the stone was mined in Italy and imported from there, so it was very expensive. However, gradually, marble came to be mined in other countries, like China, Spain and Mexico, as well. Soon, the cost of marble started coming down and its popularity, on the other hand, went on the upswing.
With time, cheaper varieties of the stone became available and it gained much more popularity. Today, marble flooring adorns the houses of middle-class people as well. Marble flooring adds elegance and class to a house and gives it a feel of luxury. There are two kinds of marbles that are used for flooring, namely, white and black slabs and tiles. For the dramatic look, you can combine both types. The best thing about the marble floors is that they lend a very soothing, cool touch to your rooms.
Benefits Of Marble Flooring
The popularity of marble, as a flooring material, is quite high. Read to explore reason behind the same.
- One of the main benefits of marble flooring is that it doesn't hot up easily, mainly because of its low heat conduction properties. This makes it the perfect flooring choice for houses in the tropical regions.
- Marble floors are resistant to scratches to quite an extent. So, after installing them, you will not have to worry about your dog's paw nails scratching the floor.
- Marble comprises of one of the most durable materials used for flooring. It is virtually indestructible.
- It is not too difficult to keep marble flooring clean and well maintained, especially in low traffic areas.
- Marble flooring comes in lots of varieties and styles, suiting almost every need and budget.
Caring For Marble Floor
- If you want to maintain the luster and shine of your marble flooring, make sure to polish it on a regular basis.
- Marble flooring is also capable of absorbing and getting stained. If, and when, you manage to get something spilled onto the floor, immediately wipe it off with a damp cloth.
- While cleaning your marble floor, make sure to keep the products with chlorine at bay.
- Sweep and vacuum the floor on a daily basis, or as often as possible, to keep it clean and shining.
- Marble is water resistant to a great degree. However, it doesn't mean that you will let water stay on it unnecessarily. Mop away the spills as soon as possible.
- Whenever you want to clean your marble flooring, make use of lukewarm water and soap for the purpose.
- In case of regular cleaning, wiping the floor with a damp, or barely wet, sponge will work quite well.