There are many advantages of having wooden flooring in your bedroom.
Benefits of Wooden Flooring in Bedroom
Wood acts as an excellent flooring material, being
completely natural and extremely elegant to look at. The popularity of
this form of flooring stems from the fact that it is extremely versatile
and can go well with, virtually, any and every kind of furnishings.
Wooden flooring also adds to the elegance as well as the value of your
home. There are basically three varieties of hardwood flooring, namely
strip, plank and parquet. Wooden strip flooring comprises of 1½ to
2¼ inches wide individual segments, while plank floors are made up
of wider strips. As for parquet floors, they involve individual squares,
laid down in a geometric pattern. Wooden flooring is best suited for
living room, den, hallway and stairs.
Benefits Of Wood Flooring
- One of the most important advantages of wood flooring is that it
is very easy to clean and maintain. All you have to do is sweep or
vacuum it and keep it safe of water spills.
- If you undertake proper efforts to maintain a wooden floor, it
will surely keep you company for years to come. In other words, it
is quite durable.
- The homes that have hardwood floors installed in them always
command a higher price in the real estate market. Such homes also
tend to sell much faster than wall-to-wall carpeted homes.
- There are numerous options available in wood flooring such as
oak, cherry and walnut, so you will surely find something to suit
your need as well as budget.
- You can easily sand and stain any hardwood flooring to suit your
taste or your overall home decor. This also makes it possible for
you to change the look of your wood flooring, as and when the
- Not only do hardwood floors look beautiful, but they also impart
a warm and natural look to a room.
- Wooden flooring suits almost all types of home decors, right from
the most traditional to the most contemporary ones.
Caring For Hardwood Floors
- Always protect your wooden flooring from water, as the latter
might cause undue damage to the floor. In other words, washing your
hardwood floor or cleaning it with a wet mop is a bad idea.
- The best way to clean this type of flooring is to sweep or vacuum
it on a regular basis.
- Never ever use self-polishing acrylic waxes on wooden floors, as
they can make the wood slippery and also dull its appearance.
- In case of any spills, clean your wooden flooring with a dampened
towel, as soon as possible.
- Rather then waxing, try buffing a dull hardwood floor.
- Before placing furniture on hardwood flooring, put soft plastic
or fabric-faced glides under the legs, to prevent scuffing and
- Throughout the winter months, blow pacifier in the room with
wooden floors, so as to minimize wood movement and shrinkage.