There are many things that one must know before deciding to go for Victorian style Furniture for bedroom..
Victorian Style Bedroom Furniture: Things to Know
The Victorian style furniture draws its influence
from the Victoria era that brought us a style of furniture, which was
highly decorative and elaborate. The Victorian style arose quite
naturally in western society. Initially, they had a tendency to keep
each room for a particular purpose. The rooms that were likely to be
seen by visitors were decorated with a view to impress. Known for their
male dominated society, the downstairs rooms were heavy and masculine in
their taste, whereas the upstairs rooms were usually lighter and more
feminine. For those of you who have a soft corner for the Victorian
style furniture, you would be delighted to know that it is back with a
Now, it is possible to furnish your home with Victorian touch that will
recreate the warmth and feel of that era. However, the style has
undergone some transformations, to give it a more contemporary look.
During the Victorian times, lot of emphasis was laid on heavy ornamental
Renaissance furnishings. Mahogany, oak, faux and bamboo are the most
commonly used materials. You can be sure that Victorian furniture
reproduction fill your home with some classic designs that will be eye
catching and take you back to a royal era. Given below are some benefits
of having Victorian bedroom furniture.
Features Of Victorian Bedroom Furniture
- The Victorian Bedroom Furniture set mostly includes a large bed,
two nightstands for either side of the bed, a pretty vanity and a
large wardrobe to store clothing, which are elegantly designed.
- The Chairs available are in two sizes, the Gentleman's chair
being bigger to accommodate and of course, a smaller ladies chair.
- Victorian furniture gives your bedroom a touch of class and if
you are a big fan of romance and the classics, then it suites your
- Victorian furniture in your bedroom makes you appreciate beauty,
and at the same time gives you a sense of comfort.
- Victorian furniture still exists, proving it timeless essence,
even after undergoing various changes both in terms of style and
- Victorian furniture in your bedroom features very decorative
design and makes use of gold accents and highlights that provides a
very classy and elegant look.
- Victorian furniture is quite old and gives a very antique look to
- Victorian furniture is sure to become the focal point and centre
of attraction of any room, because it is very heavy.
- The intricate carvings on the arms and legs of these furniture
pieces make it unique and a design to appreciate.
- Fabrics are used as an alternative for wallpaper, mainly because
they keep the home warm and cozy, during the cold. Victorian
patterns and colors tend to be dark, rich and bold.
- The Victorian touch would definitely give your room a wealthy and