There are a few important things to know while buying a memory foam mattress.
Memory Foam Mattress Buying Tips
Memory foam, often referred to as visco-elastic
polyurethane foam, is made up of polyurethane. It also contains
additional chemicals that increase its viscosity level, thereby
increasing its density. Memory foam is firmer in cool temperatures and
softer when warm, the extent depending on its overall density and the
chemicals used for making it. The foam was originally developed by NASA
and was too expensive for general use. However, with time, its cheaper
versions came into being and people started using it for a wide variety
of purposes, amongst them the most common being the manufacture of
mattresses, pillows and mattress toppers. A memory foam mattress is
extremely comfortable and once you sleep on it, be sure that you would
not want anything else on your bed again. Let us explore some more
information on memory foam mattress.
Buying Memory Foam Mattress
- It is advisable to buy a memory foam mattress only from a reputed
seller and brand. In fact, you should collect as much information
possible about the manufacturers as possible, so that you do not end
up wasting your money.
- Before buying the mattress, sit on it for a few minutes, to gauge
its comfort level. At the same time, make sure to go for a mattress
that is at least six inches longer than your height.
- You should be aware of the requirements of a memory foam
mattresses. It should contain at least 2-3 inches of memory foam, in
order to provide a supportive and plusher mattress feel.
- Finally, make sure that the memory mattress is within your budget
and comes with a warranty as well.
Benefits Of Memory Foam Mattress
- The most significant advantage of memory foam mattress is that of
its ability to adjust and mold itself as per the shape of your body,
providing support in the areas you need it most.
- The mattress, due to its visco-elastic properties, allows a sound
sleep, by eliminating the scope for any kind of disturbance.
- A memory foam mattress provides great comfort, mainly because of
the reason that it is denser than an ordinary foam mattress.
- The mattress also helps keep skin allergies at bay, owing to the
reason that it has a high resistance to parasites, such as dust
- Another advantage of a memory foam mattress is its temperature
sensitive. It means that at lower temperatures, the mattress is
firmer (more viscous), while at higher temperatures, it is softer
and more conforming (more elastic).
- When combined with an adjustable bed, the mattress allows you to
have a comfortable sleep.
- A memory foam mattress has the ability to provide maximum comfort
and reduce stress and tensions from the body.