There are many interesting patterns for making
kitchen curtains. Read to know about kitchen curtain pattern.
Modern Kitchen Curtain Pattern & Decor Ideas
Choosing a pattern for the curtains of your kitchen
may seem to be a daunting task. You may think that patterns do not make
any significant difference to the Decor of your kitchen, since
they are negligibly noticeable. Very small thing though, patterns can
make or destroy the entire look of your kitchen. This is because they
are imprinted or embedded on curtains, which make an essential addition
to the Decor of any kitchen. Therefore, while choosing the
curtains for your kitchen, you should pay special attention to the
patterns. Depending upon the theme of the kitchen, innumerable patterns
are available for curtains. Go through the following lines to get
information on the most popular patterns for kitchen curtains.
Curtain Patterns For Kitchen
- Brocade is a popular pattern for curtain and is best suited for a
simple kitchen Decor. The pattern is set apart from others by
its attractive raised design, typically floral. Brocade patterns are
usually done on cotton, silk or wool curtains. Brocade pattern comes
in medium to thick weight. It is suitable for any color of the
- Another chosen pattern is calico, which is usually imprinted on
cotton curtains. The pattern is simple, but looks elegant,
especially on kitchen curtains. Calico also consists of repeating
floral designs in it.
- If you want to hang bright and colorful curtains in your kitchen,
then go for chintz, a popular pattern perfect for cotton. The
multicolored pattern, usually floral, is imprinted on lighter
colored background of the fabric. Chintz is characterized by smooth,
shiny finish, which makes it one of the chosen patterns.
- Similar to brocade, damask is suitable for heavy fabrics like
silk. You can also choose a satin fabric imprinted with damask
patterns, which is raised on a flat background of the curtain.
Damask patterned curtain can give a royal touch to your kitchen.
- Another pattern inspired by damask and brocade is matelasse,
which is woven with two sets of warp. The raised design is slightly
puckered, which gives it an informal look without finishing. This is
suitable for a simple kitchen Decor.
- A fun way to decorate your kitchen is to hang curtains, patterned
with dotted Swiss, a three dimensional pattern containing polka
dots. The three dimensional effect is created by either embroidering
or weaving the polka dots on the curtain. Such a curtain is best
suitable for your kitchen, if you have chosen a fun theme for the
- Embroidered curtains are here to stay. They not only make the
curtain look rich, but also create an inviting atmosphere in the
room. Embroidery is good for stiff fabric like poplin. You may
choose either hand or machine made embroidered curtain. It is
perfect for a traditional kitchen Decor.
- One of the most traditional curtain patterns available in the
market, apart from embroidery, is Fleur de lis. The pattern is
characterized by three petal flower design repeated on the fabric.
The style of weaving is similar to damask and brocade. Fleur de lis
is usually done with a light colored thread on a background that is
one or two shades darker than it is.
- If you are looking for a simple and sober curtain for your
kitchen, then go for gingham patterned curtains. The pattern,
characterized by checks, is popular for many types of kitchen Decor.
- If you want to stick to multicolored pattern, then opting for
paisley is a nice idea. The pattern is usually printed on thin
cotton fabric. Curtain patterned with paisley prints will be the
best bet, in case you want to make your kitchen well-ventilated.
- Different colors combined to form a grid-like pattern gives plaid
a unique look. Similar to checks, this pattern can be found in thick
fabrics such as wool.
- Patterns of fruits and vegetables imprinted on kitchen curtains
are in vogue. Depending upon the theme of your kitchen, you may
choose the curtains.
- Always consider the fabric and the theme of your kitchen, before
choosing a pattern for the curtains.
- Patterns curtains look good for solid colored walls. They look
awkward, if you have used wallpapers for your kitchen. Therefore,
before opting a patterned curtain, make sure that the walls of the
kitchen are colored with solid colors.