If you want to lend a delicate look to your kitchen,
then lace curtains are just apt. Read about the kitchen lace curtain.
How to Make Lace Kitchen Curtains
Lace fabric finds use in making a variety of
clothing, the most common being curtains. The fabric is light and airy,
which makes it a wonderful option to illuminate a room during the
daytime and well-ventilated throughout the day. If you have yearned for
the elegant country look for your kitchen, then treat the windows of the
room with attractive lace curtains. They are not only suitable for the
country style Decor, but also for other themes. Explore the
article and know how to stitch lace curtains, their benefits and the
best ways for caring and maintaining the beauty of lace curtains.
Lace Curtain For Kitchen
How To Make Lace Curtains
- Lace Fabric
- Measuring Tape
- Sewing Machine
- Measure the dimensions (height and width) of the window and the
length of the curtain rod. Now, add 2 ½ inches for a casing and
5 inches for a hem, to the measurements. This will give you the
length of the lace curtains.
- Decide how long you want to extend the curtain on its sides. This
will give you the measurement of the width of the curtain.
- Make use of the measurements of step 1 and step 2 in order to
determine the quantity of the fabric.
- Wash the fabric before stitching it.
- Cut your curtains, as per the desired length and width you want
to cover, using scissors. Two pieces per window is the minimum
- Narrow down the border of the fabric, along all the long sides.
- Now, make coverings for the curtain rod, at the top of both
pieces of curtain.
- Stitch the bottom edges.
- In order to stitch the narrow hem, turn over ¼ inch and then
- Repeat the above step and then stitch.
Benefits Of Lace Curtains
- Since lace curtains are very airy, they provide a soft transition
between indoors and outdoors, by allowing sun's rays to pass through
them, during the day. In the night, the dark windows are brightened
by the lace curtains.
- They are flexible options for window treatment. They can be
positioned either inside or outside the window frame.
- They are available in a wide range of patterns and designs. They
are generally patterned with floral prints, while prints like
country rooster, fern, bee are its other variants. You can get
classic to contemporary lace curtains, to suit your preferences.
- They can drip dry within few hours.
- You do not have to iron the lace curtains after each wash.
- They do not shrink for a long time.
- Apart from being a stand alone window treatment, lace curtains
can also be used as an under curtain for giving multi layered
Caring For Lace Curtains
- The best way to launder the lace curtains is to wash them with
hands. Machine wash is not recommended for them, because the fabric
could deteriorate easily.
- Always wash the lace curtains with mild soap.
- Never bleach the curtains, because the fabric is too delicate to
bear the harshness of the chemical.
- Lace curtains are easily prone to dirt. Therefore, wipe-clean the
curtains rods before hanging the lace curtains.