Apron kitchen sinks lend a very warm and soothing
look to your kitchen. Read about the kitchen apron sink.
All About Apron Kitchen Sinks
In the present time, kitchens have taken a
multi-functional role with separate work zones. Out of the 'zones' in
the room, the kitchen sink is the busiest work area. This has caused the
sinks to evolve as an element of the Decor of the kitchen.
Manufacturers have recognized the importance of sinks as both functional
and decorative elements of the kitchen. That is why more and more
companies are coming up with a wide variety of kitchen sinks, designed
in configurations that can accommodate many functions as well as suit
the varying needs of the consumers. Apart from the wide range of
materials, sinks are available in a number of shapes and sizes, to suit
the different needs of the home owners. Here in this article, we have
discussed about apron kitchen sinks, one of the popular types of kitchen
Apron Sink For Kitchen
- Apron sink is characterized by a front end that rides above the
surrounding countertop. It projects out slightly from the supporting
cabinetry. The basin or bowl of the apron kitchen sink is deep. It
comes in single as well as double-bowl designs.
- Apart from the most common white, apron kitchen sinks are
available in colors including bone, bisque, black and other colors.
- Apron kitchen sink is distinguished from other types kitchen
sinks in terms of its design and the choice of materials used to
- Apron kitchen sink is also called farmhouse sinks, because it is
widely found in rural homes, since the past many decades.
- If you want to incorporate the rustic farmhouse look into your
kitchen design, then installing an apron kitchen sink will be a nice
idea. You may recreate the 19th or 20th century's kitchen by using
- Apron kitchen sinks are widely available in stainless steel,
copper and cast iron. You can also get apron sinks made of vitreous
china as well. Out of the four, the most common is cast-iron sink,
covered in an enamel finish. It is rare to find an apron sink made
- Nickel, chrome, marble and brass are the recent additions to the
wide selection of materials used for making apron kitchen sinks.
- Apron kitchen sink is deep enough to accommodate heavy utensils
such as large pots.
- Any water dripping from the lip of the apron kitchen sink would
directly fall to the floor, without damping the wood of the cabinet
countertop. That way, it prevents a lot of damage to the kitchen
- Apron sinks are the best bet for small sized kitchen, because
they occupy very little space.
- Apron kitchen sink is a popular choice because of its durability.