Here are some small apartment living ideas and excellent Decor tips for renters and tenants.
Home Organizing Tips for Tenants
Many people prefer living in a small apartment or
home because they are tired of taking care of a larger place. Then,
there are others who have to live in a small apartment, because that is
all they can afford. No matter what your reason for living in a small
house, you will have to make some efforts in getting organized there
also. If you have your own small apartment, you can always make
additions and deletions, to turn it more amenable and organized.
However, most of the property-owners do not allow tenants to make
drastic changes to their homes, say install new cabinets and shelves,
according to their needs. In such a case, adjusting your lifestyle is
what will make a difference.
Tips To Keep Your Small Apartment Organized
- Make a habit of arranging your bed before you leave for the day.
A messy bed can give a very dirty look to your room.
- What makes a small space feel overcrowded is having too many
things, at a single place. Avoid keeping things here and there;
rather decide on a specific place for each of your things. Remember
the lesson - 'Make a place for everything and keep everything in its
- Buying some storage units and keeping things in the place there,
after using them, will make your small house appear tidy and
- In many cases, the usable space is occupied by things that need
to be discarded, making a small home look disorganized. At the same
time, you might lose precious time in finding little things that
keep disappearing in the puddle. So, get rid of the useless things
- Do not leave things undone. Apart from creating clutter, such a
habit also leads to missing items. Arrange all your important papers
and documents in a file, rather than keeping them loosely on the bed
or table. If you arw writing something, make sure to keep the pen
and writing pad in the right place.
- Transform your junk drawer into a neatly organized storage unit,
by removing all items from it and lining it with a newspaper. Throw
aside the things that are useless and categorize other things into
families such as nails and screws, hammer and screwdrivers, wires of
all types and other such categories. Make compartments in the
drawer, using separators, and keep your things categorized in there.
- Do not throw your dirty clothes in the room. The best option is
to buy a basket and keep the clothes that have to be washed in that
- After eating food, you should immediately bring the dishes back
to the kitchen and throw all waste in the garbage bin.
- Keep a picture of your former messy room somewhere nearby. When
you are not in a mood to keep things at their place, just have a
look at the picture to remind you of what will happen if you do not
put in an effort.